"i came ... i saw ... i conquered"
My favourite thing is to go where I've never been. -- Diane Arbus

One of my life's goals is to see the beauty this world has to offer ... and if travelling is the only way to reach that goal, then so be it. Just give me a good destination and together with my travel buddies and my trusty camera, we'll make time for it and we'll be there...if you're as interested, come join me and see the world through my eyes .... ENJOY!!!

lady liberty ... a dream come true


... the statue of liberty, enlightening the world, commemorates the US declaration of independence; it shows a woman wearing a stola, a radiant crown and sandals stepping on a broken chain carrying a torch on the right hand and on the left hand carries a tablet with the date of the US Declaration of Independence inscribed; found in the NY harbor, it stands to welcome people coming to America; a US icon indeed ...


i always wanted to see lady liberty, and on my 31st birthday i decided to finally go see her. and wow, was this experience surreal, a dream come true for me.

   you have to be up early, line up to ride a boat to liberty island; boat ride is about 15-20mins i guess. it's for a minimal fee ($12-$15 i think). you can climb the monument and see the exhibit of liberty's history, replicas of her face, feet, etc. you also get to see the original light that was used for her torch. they have a restaurant that'll keep your tummy full since you have to wait in line to climb up.


   the visit to see her is a short one (the reason you get up early is because you have to wait in line for the boat ride and the monument visit). you can drop by ellis island on your way there too, it is where the immigrants enter the US and a symbol of American immigration. and if you still have time, go to nearby manhattan and see what's happening at the times square ...

...appreciating God's wondrous paradise...

0 comments: