"i came ... i saw ... i conquered"
My favourite thing is to go where I've never been. -- Diane Arbus

One of my life's goals is to see the beauty this world has to offer ... and if travelling is the only way to reach that goal, then so be it. Just give me a good destination and together with my travel buddies and my trusty camera, we'll make time for it and we'll be there...if you're as interested, come join me and see the world through my eyes .... ENJOY!!!

let it snow ... let it snow ... let it snow ...

... snow. a type of preciptitation in the form of white ice crystals ... to make it easy, it's frozen water falling from the sky, snowflakes have six sides and it is said that no two are ever alike. Snow comes during winter season, more so in northern areas (thankfully not so much in our place), it brings lots of fun things to do and more to experience...
   the picture you see on top was our first ever FULL snow experience. We woke up early morning to get ready for work, heard the news that it snowed, looked through the window and this was what we saw ... BEAUTIFUL!! Of course we had to go outside and touch it, duh?!?! Lesson learned: they're really COLD haha, and they burn your hands, so use gloves when you touch them hahaha!! FULL snow I say, because just like rain, sometimes it just drizzles. With snow, it's called "flurries" and you wouldn't have enough to really paint as pretty a picture. We've had snow flurries the past days but this was when it really accumulated a few inches high.

   There were things we needed to check off our list of things to do during winter time, and making our snow man was one of them. My boys had fun doing this right outside our apartment one snowy afternoon. We didn't have much snow, so our snowman was just as big as my little boy. He had a rudolph bell nose, reese's chocolate for his eyes, a cracker for his mouth, our cooking utensils for his arms with gloves, more chocolates for buttons, topped off with an elf hat and a scarf to keep him "warm" hahaha! it's hard work making a snowman, but i'll gladly do it again, it's fun! With whatever snow left, we just had to make our snow angels.
     In the middle of winter, our friend brought us to a ski resort and we tried snow tubing, no skiing for me though. This is where you slide down a fairly high mountain slope using a tire tube. WOOOHOOOO, it happens fast and it's very fun. Be careful when you get to the bottom though, when you get up, be sure you're not standing on packed frozen ice or else you'll slip...like i did, haha!
Having snow is fun, but of course to have snow you would need super cold weather and that part is not so fun. I'm glad we live in an apartment because I'm sure snow plowing is not fun either. Snow gets to be very slippery when it gets frozen and icy so be extra careful when driving. They put salt to melt the snow on the roads. We haven't tried snow sledding yet, that we plan to this year since it's close to snowtime again. It's snowed in other parts of the US but none at our place yet. We're still at mid50s weather-wise, still wearing a sweater. But I've taken out my warm jackets out of the storage room ... it's getting colder and I'm just about ready, I think.
     Kid snow sled $20-$40. warm jacket and snow pants $40-$80. Snow boots $60-$100. Playing outside with my boys and some friends on a nice snow day and rich, hot cocoa inside PRICELESS!!
   Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!
...appreciating God's wondrous paradise...

2 comments:

meretrisha said...

wow, it's good to see the family is having fun.. as usual, nice smile.. you always put on a happy face

pearl said...

i'm trying my best to keep putting that smile on jo ... not always successful but it's not that hard to do though ...