"i came ... i saw ... i conquered"
My favourite thing is to go where I've never been. -- Diane Arbus

One of my life's goals is to see the beauty this world has to offer ... and if travelling is the only way to reach that goal, then so be it. Just give me a good destination and together with my travel buddies and my trusty camera, we'll make time for it and we'll be there...if you're as interested, come join me and see the world through my eyes .... ENJOY!!!

atop the empire state



... the empire state building. located at the intersection of 5th ave and west 34th street in manhattan, with 102 floors, this building stood as the world's tallest from 1930 until 1972. it houses many private offices and is famous as a meeting place for lovers in such movies as "an affair to remember" and "sleepless in seattle" ....


i climbed the empire state building once before, when i was single and younger (haha) with my brother and her wife but i also want my travel buddies to experience being up there and so we went february 2009. of course we also heard that jollibee new york is now open, that makes the trip all the more worth it!!


you would have to know what street and what avenue the building is or you'll get lost in the midst of manhattan (like we did)...be sure you're there early coz there is a long line to the top (we waited 2 hours!), then up there you'll see the city from a bird's eye view (or so they say!!)


being up so many floors it is expected to be chilly so don't forget to bring your coat--it's windy out there too! they have the top fenced so little boys like mine could look out and not worry about falling (good idea, who would have thought about that!?!)...


other than the 2-hour wait, your stay on the top will be short. but if you want to keep cool and identify all the buildings that you can see on every street of manhattan, you may take a while. they have stores to buy souvenirs from and of course the city has a hundred more stores...you can spend the rest of the day shopping on 5th avenue or go take the long walk to central park. but if you're pinoy, you may want to try dropping by Queens for a Chickenjoy!!


...appreciating God's wondrous paradise...

6 comments:

meretrisha said...

nice.. nice.. you are such a compelling travel writer. i know you would really make the best tour guide (bisag virtual lang, payts) because you never run out of interesting things to say.

P.S.
i remembered sleepless in seattle, i used to add that to my YM status when I was still doing what we used to do back then :)

pearl said...

thanks jo ... am i doing this right? do you get an email letting you know that i responded to your comment or not? let me know, k

so, you're "sleepless in seattle"? hehe kilig!!! but you have to clue me in on what you were doing back then (wink, wink) coz i'm not sure i get it hehe

Shanix said...

nice view from the big apple.... haboga kaha ani sa ubos ah...;)

pearl said...

@shanix...habog master oi, tugnaw man pud oi, dili ta katanto tudlo2x sa mga building, this is A, this is B, this is C hehehe

meretrisha said...

ooppss, murag wa jud master.. i didn't get any notification from my e-mail. my fault, i guess, i shouldve clicked e-mail follow up comments :)

pearl said...

ah, i guess that's how you know....well never mind you can poke me in facebook if you don't hear from me hehe ... i'll poke you :)