"i came ... i saw ... i conquered"
My favourite thing is to go where I've never been. -- Diane Arbus

One of my life's goals is to see the beauty this world has to offer ... and if travelling is the only way to reach that goal, then so be it. Just give me a good destination and together with my travel buddies and my trusty camera, we'll make time for it and we'll be there...if you're as interested, come join me and see the world through my eyes .... ENJOY!!!

a cheery cherry blossom day in DC


...cherry blossoms. it is the name of the flower of cherry trees (more like Japanese flowering cherry different from the cherry fruit). In 1912 the Japanese gave 3,000 or so cherry trees to the US as a sign of their then-growing friendship. They were planted in the Tidal Basin of Washington, DC (and other places). Cherry Blossom Festival and the Japanese Street Festival are celebrated when the flowers are in full bloom in early spring and has become a popular tourist attraction...

i patiently waited for april 4, 2009 and blocked my weekend because we will be going to Washington, DC, rain or shine! it was my dream to see the cherry blossoms in all it's splendor and that we did, oh, what a beauty! we had my hubby's sister with us, so i'm happy that her trip to visit us was worth it. i felt bad though coz she had to walk, walk, walk (and did i say walk, already?) the whole day through. museum after museum, from the capitol to the white house we walked, from 10:00am to  8:00pm!

  but i'd do it again if you ask me to ... the whole city was a sight to see. there are flowers everywhere! the museums were free, you can go in wherever you want, depending on what your interests are. there's the smithsonian air and space museum, american indian museum, botanical garden, war memorials, art museums, libraries ... ooolala for the knowledge seeker, this is the place to be!
    but ME? i am never much of that, i am someone who likes eye candy, that's why i'm bestfriends with my camera!  and today in DC i got to SEE my favorite flower of all time--ORANGE TULIPS! and if i have to stop in front of the "who-knows-what-museum" just to bend down (really low) and take a good picture of it, i will...again and again and again!!!

...appreciating God's wondrous paradise...

2 comments:

meretrisha said...

i would've done the same.. the bending thing.. to smell the flowers and as a form of exercise.. LOL.. paspasa maka update sa blog ah :)

pearl said...

paspas pa ron kay napundo pa man, nya bag-o pa pud ... mu dwindle ra nya na harharhar